Point Hicks Lighthouse
Captain Cook first sighted the shores of Australia in 1770 from the Endeavour, and this magnificent point off the south east cost of Australia was named Point Hicks after a crewman on board. Having lived its days keeping people from its shores, it now welcomes them to experience the exhilarating and remote location, in historic Oregon and Baltic pine cottages with cosy wood fires. A totally eco-friendly wilderness retreat, the cottages can sleep up to 8 guests, with a basic bungalow available also. Great for family groups or friends wanting to get together. The lighthouse is the tallest on mainland Australia, climb it and see for miles. You can walk secluded beaches, view the Whales from June to early December, snorkel, canoe, hike or just take in the glorious 220-degree views. This is one of those experiences you must do in your lifetime.
- 2 – 20 guests
- 2 Lighthouse Keepers Cottages
- Tariffs include Up to 4 guests in each cottage – 4 extra guests may be accommodated in each cottage, but must be arranged, extra charges apply
- Group bookings up to 20 guests can be arranged.
- 1 Self Contained Basic Bungalow/outside bathroom – max 2 guests
- NO SMOKING in Cottages
- Check In Time : 4pm onwards or earlier by arrangement
- Check Out Time : 11am
- Lighthouse Keepers Cottages –
- 1 Queen bedroom
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1x 2 Bunk Bedroom
- Bungalow –
- 1 Queen bedroom & open plan living
- All cottages & bungalow have Full Kitchen/dining/living area
- Lighthouse Keepers Cottages – Bathroom with shower in-room toilet
- Bungalow – EXTERNAL Bathroom with shower and in-room toilet
- PLEASE NOTE BATHROOM IS EXTERNAL OF THE BUNGALOW – YOU MUST WALK OUTSIDE.
- Cottages & Bungalow have wood fire heating
- No pets allowed. Point Hicks is situated inside National Park, so no pets will be tolerated.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING ALL YOUR OWN FOOD PROVISIONS.
- Each cottage has Full Kitchen, Wood Fire, Games, Books/Magazines
- Bungalow has a , Pot belly wood fire, and full kitchen
- Bring your own bedding(includes pillow slip, bed sheets, doona/ blankets/sleeping bag) & towels. These can be supplied for an additional $15 per person per stay
- Laundry facilities – washing machine $4 per load- ask onsite mgt.
- There is ample car parking provision but not undercover
- No jetty available
- Cottages have superb views of the ocean from verandah
- Bungalow is located behind the lighthouse but still has ocean views from its windows
- Ocean and river access
- Swim, snorkel, canoe or hike – it is all on your doorstep.
- Located in the heart of the Croajingolong National Park about 50 minutes off the Princes Highway from Cann River in far East Gippsland (Midway between Melbourne & Sydney).
- Detailed directions will be provided when booking made
Nightly rate includes up to 4 persons. Additional persons ( up to 4) are charged at $35 per peson per night.
OFF PEAK RATES DO NOT INCLUDE VICTORIAN SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OR SUMMER PEAK PERIOD 18TH DEC-26TH JAN
|Number of nights||Standard Rate Cottage||Off Peak Cottage||Standard Rate Bungalow||Off Peak Bungalow|
5 night minimum between 25 Dec – 30 Jan.
5 Night minimum during Easter period
2 Night minimum any other time.
Click the Booking Enquiry text above to book this Gippsland Lakes Escapes Property. No booking fee applicable. We accept Visa, Mastercard. Bookings require a 50% deposit on confirmation, with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY – See Below
POINT HICKS LIGHTHOUSE BOOKINGS CONDITIONS as an attachment to Gippsland Lakes Escapes usual Terms & Conditions.
To confirm a booking a 50% deposit is required within 5 days of booking.
Full payment is required 30 days prior to commencement of the first night stay.
Cancellations 30 days or less will forfeit all moneys paid unless the accommodation has been rebooked for the same period.
All cancellations will result in loss of deposit, that is 50% of the total tariff.