Now that some restrictions have lifted, the staff at Gippsland Lakes Escapes are looking forward to welcoming all our amazing return guests and new visitors to this stunning region in Victoria.
Here’s some things we want you to know:
1. Our holiday homes will be set up with extra care, just for you.
We’re implementing strict and specific cleaning guidelines for our professional cleaners to ensure that your holiday experience is as safe and wonderful as possible. You can find out more on our COVID-19 Procedure page.
Each of our holiday properties is uniquely set up for guests, with the bonus of being private, secluded and the ability to book the entire place to yourself, unlike a motel. This is especially appealing for groups of friends or families who are looking forward to spending some quality time together after months apart!
We’ve got a range of different properties to suit every guest – from stunning houses on the Paynesville canals, island retreats, bush hideaways, ocean-view manors in Lakes Entrance and farm stays. There’s something for everyone!
So bring your family (and pets!), book a holiday property and enjoy a getaway you’ll never forget.
2. There’s so many things to do in East Gippsland this winter season!
While some of you might enjoy spending your holidays curling up by a log fire or watching the boats sail by on the canals outside your back door, we’ve got an inkling that the rest of our future guests might be itching to spend some time outdoors in the stunning surroundings in East Gippsland. Here are some of our favourite things to do in winter:
- Visit the Victorian snowfields. East Gippsland is the perfect stop on the way to and from Mt Hotham, Dinner Plain and other snowfields, and it’s close enough for a day trip for those who don’t want to spend too long in the cold. A win-win!
- Spend your days exploring the nearby small towns & waterfront villages dotted along the Gippsland Lakes. With many small local boutique businesses, restaurants and eateries still struggling from the bushfires earlier this year, there are some amazing places to spend your money and get an incredible experience in return. Visit emptyesky to find out more!
- Take the boat, kayaks or canoes out onto the Gippsland Lakes. The lakes are never more beautiful and serene at this time of year with so many inlets, hidden beaches and places only accessible by water to explore.
3. Get to know your own backyard!
While many overseas holidays and getaways have been sadly cancelled this year, there are so many stunning parts of Victoria that remain unexplored and unvisited by many. With a magnificent stretch of lake bodies and rivers, trestle bridges, rail trails, underground caves, mountaintop hikes and stretches of coastline, East Gippsland is here and waiting for you to discover.
We guarantee that you’ll love it – and you might even join the ranks of our many return guests, who come year after year to spend time in this beautiful corner of the state.
Photography by Eloise Renee. All rights reserved.