Information for Gippsland Lakes Escapes Guests, Employees, Neighbours, Owners and Friends
Update: 8th June 2020
Gippsland Lakes Escapes COVID 19 policy
Gippsland Lakes Escapes recognises that disruptions to travel and day to day life is an ongoing factor during these times, due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
As the consequences of Government mandated lockdowns due to the COVID-19 virus are no longer unforeseen or unexpected, Gippsland Lakes Escapes is enacting the following policy for any bookings made during these times, as guided by the ACCC guidelines, as well as state-mandated restrictions.
Any reservation that is affected by a postcode, area, or state lockdown will be eligible for an automatic credit note, for the value of total payments made to date, with no additional fees.
Credit notes will be valid for up to 18 months from the date of cancellation.
The value of the credit note will be applied to any new reservation made, and any additional expenses will be at the cost of guests.
No refunds will be given for any reservation affected by Government and/or State mandated lockdowns, unless new directives are given.
Gippsland Lakes Escapes standard cancellation policies and payment schedules continue to apply.
For more information, please see the following websites:
Under the latest instructions from the Victoria Government, we are now able to host guests for overnight stays from the 1st of June. To keep up to date with the latest guidelines, please visit the Victoria Government website
We ask that all guests please continue to follow current guidelines and protocols, including:
- practice good hygiene
- maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- understand the risk and symptoms
- help continue to slow the spread of COVID-19 by getting tested, even if you have mild symptoms
- stay home and avoid contact if you’re feeling unwell
- take care wherever you go, assume others may be carrying the virus
The current travel guidelines in place & set by the Victorian State government, now allow accommodation providers to accept bookings from the first of June for overnight stays of any length.
DEEP CLEANING PRACTICES
Based on recommendations from the Centres for Disease Control (CDC), Gippsland Lakes Escapes has provided the following guidelines to our cleaners, in addition to their regular cleaning protocols.
- Cleaners should allow rooms to ventilate while cleaning
- Cleaners should wear disposable gloves, and dispose of them immediately after cleaning
- Follow a clean, then disinfect process for all high touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, remotes, sinks, bedside tables, appliances etc.
- Wash hands thoroughly, before and after each clean
- All our linens are washed at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer. We also use Hammonds Laundry Service for our sheets, pillow slips and towels, ensuring fresh laundry for every stay is washed in a commercial setting.
FRONT OFFICE and KEY COLLECTION/DROP OFF
To ensure the safety of our guests and employees, we currently allow 1 guest at a time into our reception space for key collection. Hand sanitiser is available for use. Non-contact key check-in is available for after hours, as well as a return box for key drop off, located to the left of our front door. The high contact areas at our office, are regularly cleaned and sanitised, including the front door, desk, key safe, and keys.
REPORTING OF SYMPTOMS
We ask that any person that is in contact with any of our managed properties or office, please contact us if you meet any of the below criteria:
- Yourself or a household member, have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Have been in contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 during the last 14 days
- Have flu-like symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, runny nose, sore throat)
Please note that this page will be updated as the restrictions and guidelines are updated.